V-Gard® Hard Hat Cap Style
The MSA V-Gard Helmet, with its distinctive trademark “V” design, is a world recognized brand known for comfort, quality, and durability. MSA has sold well over 100 million V-Gard Helmets since its introduction – so many in fact, that the iconic “V” design has been a mainstay for many years on even the toughest worksites. When you want the best comfort, quality and durability worn by millions across the globe, you need to buy the original MSA V-Gard Helmet, settle for nothing less.
V-Gard® Hard Hat Cap Style
- Polyethylene shell provides superior impact protection
- Self-adjusting crown straps ensure a comfortable fit
- Available in a variety of colors and sizes
Approvals subject to change without notice and may differ based on configuration, part number and/or country.
Contact Customer Service or check approval label on product for specific approval information.
Certified by CE notified body APAVE (0082) according to:
• EN397:2012, Industrial Safety Helmets with options Very low temperature (-30°C), lateral deformation (LD), Molten Metal (MM), 440V AC (electrical insulation)
• EN 50365 Electrical class 0 nominal voltage up to 1000 V A.C. and 1500 V D.C.
V-Gard 950 EN397/EN50365 CE Certificate
Certified by CE notified body DINCERTCO (0196) according to:
EN166:2001 Personal eye equipment (2C-1,2 1 B 3 8-1-0 9 KN)
2C-1.2 = UV Filtering according to EN170:2002
1 = Optical quality
B = Resistance to medium energy impact 120 m/s
3 = Protection against liquid splash
“8” = Electric arc resistance according to EN166:2001
“1”= Protection class 1 (4 kA) according to GS-ET-29
“0”= Best Light Transmission Class according to GS-ET-29 =, VLT>75%
9 = Resistance to molten metals and hot solids
K = Resistance to surface damage by fine particles according to EN 168: 2001, clause 15
N = Resistance to fogging
V-Gard 950 EN166 GS-ET-29 CE Certificate
System for ensuring EC quality of production by means of monitoring EU notified body APAVE (0082)
Certified by INERIS to ISO 80079-36 : 2016 for safe use in ATEX areas* (ELECTROSTATIC-INERIS Certificate n° 29406)
- Dust: zones 20, 21, 22 (all zones)
- Gas: zones 1 & 2 with gas group IIA (Propane)
* Caution: When working in an ATEX area operatives must be fully equipped with appropriate PPE eg. dissipative shoes (earth resistance less than 1.108Ω), not just suitable industrial helmets!
Additional testing for reflective stickers: Exceeds the reflectivity values of EN 12899-1:2007 for class RA2 materials
- Flyer: Above the Neck Solution
- Brochure: V-Gard Helmet System
- Industrial Helmets Instruction Manual
- Technical Datasheet: V-Gard
- Technical Datasheet: V-Gard Basic Forestry Kit
- European Industrial Helmets Standard Colours
- European Industrial Helmets - Approved Accessories & Options
- White Paper: Heat stress Risk factors and preventative safety solutions